Sunday 12 September 2010

Venue Woes

So these past few days I've been doing a lot of thinking about the type of wedding venue that Scott and I would like to get married at. However it's become clear that it is awfully hard to find reasonable wedding venues in London - particularly ones that meet my (quite fussy it seems) requirements.

My Ideal venue:
  • A Blank Canvas - it's important to be able to inject our own personalities and colour scheme upon our venue - the last thing I want to be doing is having to make my flowers and bridesmaids dresses match the walls in a stuffy room... this may seem a bit random but imagine a Red and Black wedding theme in a blue and white roccoco style room... exactly my point!
  • Outdoor Space - Granted outdoor space is rather limited in London but would it kill someone to open up a venue where you could have guests wander freely in pretty, scented gardens or at least a terrace where we could serve up BBQ and cocktails... clearly it would! The venues with outdoor space know that it is a valuable commodity and so charge through the roof for it - out.of.order methinks!
  • Budget friendly! haha - now this is being unrealistic it would seem - a venue in London, with outdoor space for less than a hire fee of £4000 and without a minimum catering spend of £80 per head - pah foolish for even hoping for it!
Ok so maybe I am asking too much - but I just want our wedding to be perfect. Unfortunately perfection comes with a price... one which I would be unwilling to pay even if we could afford it!

Some of the dreamy but waaaay over budget venues I have been looking at this week:

The Imperial War Museum, London
Vinopolis, SE1
Kew gardens
Fulham palace
Queens House, greenwich

and my personal favourite: London Zoo (plenty of outdoor space but I can't imagine my guests being too comfortable with eating with the lions can you?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment